WHISPER OF THE WORM
WHISPER OF THE WORM QUEST
To access the mission, you need to wait for the Taken Blight public event to start in the Lost Oasis area on Io. (The mission is only available from Friday to Monday).
You don’t need to participate in the public event, but you have to quickly defeat a Taken boss that spawns nearby. The Taken boss will either be Urzok, Aspect of Hate, Drevis, Aspect of Darkness, or Ta’aurc, Aspect of War.
There are 3 locations where the Taken boss can spawn:
- In a tunnel on the left of the Lost Oasis patrol landing area.
- Inside a cave to the top right by the entrance for Grove of Ulan-Tan Lost Sector.
- Inside a cave under large tree roots towards the right after landing in the patrol area.
Although the bosses can spawn in various places, the portal to the mission will always open on the rocky platform in front of the Lost Sector. After going through the portal, you will be dropped into The Whisper mission which begins in the Grove of Ulan-Tan.
The first half of the mission is a maze with jumping puzzles. The other half requires players to fight powerful enemies in order to reach the last room. Lastly, you will have to face Urzok, Drevis, and Ta’aurc at the end of the mission.
All players are given 20 minutes to complete the mission. If it is not completed in the given time, you will be sent back to patrol on Io.
- White Nail: Higher base precision damage. Rapidly landing three precision hits will refill the magazine.
- Fitted Stock: Weapon is stable but heavy. Stability is increased, moderately controls recoil, and slightly decreases handling speed.
- Mulligan: Missing a shot has a chance to return ammo directly to the magazine.
- Armor-Piercing Rounds: Rounds cause extra damage to combatants’ shields and over penetrate targets. Slightly increases range.
- Polygonal Rifling: Barrel optimized for recoil reduction. Increases stability.
After completing The Whisper mission successfully, you need to replay the mission on Heroic to earn the catalyst. The Heroic mission will show up on your Io map every Friday – Monday.
To upgrade this into a Masterwork, you need to collect Blighted Essence from hidden chests found in The Whisper (Heroic). Also, the majority of your Blighted Essence will come from completing the Heroic mission. You will need to do the Heroic Whisper Quest 3 time to complete the Catalyst.
Complete The Whisper (Heroic) and gather chests every weekend until you have collected the necessary amount of Blighted Essence for the Masterwork.
The Masterwork perk, Box Breathing, grants precision damage and bonus range when aiming for a short period of time.