The New Exotic Beyond Light Weapons & Armor You Need In Your ArsenalPublished: January 2, 2021
The weapons and armor you need to reach the top in Season of the Hunt.
If it felt like the universe shrunk with the release of Destiny 2: Beyond Light, it’s because it did. Several planets were removed, along with a number of maps, raids, and other content. Bungie had warned us prior to the expansion that the size of the universe was just too big, and it took a considerable amount of resources just to maintain it. So, with the future of the game in mind, Bungie downsized and stuck years of content into the vault.
In a genre that prides itself in the expansion of its worlds and the endless waves of content that could keep any human busy for the rest of their lives, this is probably seen as a bad thing. But in this case, is it? Bungie made it very clear that their reasoning behind it was to partition more resources to develop new and unique content in order to fuel the future of Destiny. So while Beyond Light isn’t the most expansive or robust content update, it’s the starting point for something even greater.
Beyond Light is a bridge expansion that leads us into a massive amount of new content and worlds to explore. That makes it even more important to gear up and prepare for what’s to come. With 7 new exotic weapons (1 being a throwback to Destiny), and a ton of new gear, it’s more important than ever to secure your upgrades to get the most out of your class. If grinding away for all of the new items sounds like a hassle, don’t worry. Destiny Carries LFG has your back, and can easily get you what you need. Whether you are returning to the game, or you just can’t dedicate enough time to farm, they can help you get where you need to go.
But enough about the state of the game. Let’s jump right into the weapons you need to get to the top of Beyond Light in Season of the Hunt.
Destiny 2: Beyond Light Exotic Weapons
For those of you who have played Destiny from the beginning, this weapon is for you. Hawkmoon is a throwback to the weapon from the original Destiny and has come back once again to reign terror on your enemies.
- Paracausal Shot – Final blows and precision hits with Hawkmoon grant stacks of Paracausal Charge. The final round in the magazine deals bonus damage based on the number of stacks. Stowing Hawkmoon on the final round removes this bonus.
- Transformative – Future drops of this weapon will have random rolls.
No Time To Explain (NTTE)
If you’re a fan of pulse rifles and PvP, then this is an excellent weapon for you. NTTE has very low recoil and is incredibly effective at long range. If you aren’t into PvP, it isn’t a bad choice for PvE either thanks to the returned ammo from precision shots.
- Rewind Again – Precision shots and shots against combatants slowed or frozen by Stasis will return to the magazine.
- Full Auto Trigger System – Holding down the trigger will fire this weapon at full auto.
Another excellent choice for PvPers, Duality provides an excellent alternative to Energy Chaperone for those that like to get up close and personal. In PvE it provides excellent DPS that can be on par with Cloudstrike.
- Compression Chamber – Fires a pellet spread in hip-fire or a single high-damage slug while aiming.
- On Black Wings – Pellet final blows grant a stacking precision damage and reload speed buff. Precision hits with slugs extend the duration.
Cloudstrike is an excellent long range weapon for PvE content. The additional DPS added by the lightning damage can be incredibly useful and adds to an already hard hitting weapon. PvP can be hit or miss as high mobility can negate the lightning, however if you are lucky enough to hit several grouped players, then this may become your favorite weapon.
- Mortal Polarity – Precision final blows generate a lightning bolt at the target’s location.
- Stormbringer – Rapid precision hits create a lightning storm at the point of impact.
Aka the freeze cannon. Salvation’s Grip is a complex weapon that provides excellent crowd control in PvE. With the right build this can be a very potent weapon. However it falls off in most PvP situations as there are a fair number of better alternatives.
- Cryocannon – Hold to charge; release to fire. This weapon’s projectiles create Stasis crystals and freeze nearby enemies.
- Flash Freeze – Charging this weapon increases the freeze radius and amount of Stasis crystals created.
Eyes of Tomorrow
If you are getting flashbacks of Gjallarhorn, you aren’t alone. This is an incredibly powerful weapon that delivers some insane DPS. It’s a great choice for both PvE and PvP and it’s incredibly fun in both as well. If you just want to blow stuff up then this is the weapon for you.
- Eyes on All – This weapon is capable of tracking and firing at multiple targets simultaneously.
- Adaptive Ordnance – Killing four or more combatants in a single volley increases the damage of the next volley.
Sword + Chainsaw = Massive Damage. This is the go to weapon for heavy attacks in PvE. With the stacking damage buff it makes it incredibly easy to shred bosses to pieces while also providing good survivability. In PvP this weapon isn’t bad, however it’s on par with other similar weapons so it isn’t really anything to write home about.
- Banshee’s Wail – Hold to rev the blade. Revving the blade increases damage, shield bypass, and adds shield piercing to all attacks.
- Revved Consumption – Damaging a combatant will heal the wielder. You will also gain stacks when dealing damage with revved attacks. Additional stacks increase the damage and damage resistance of heavy attacks.
The power of an exotic weapon cannot be understated, and oftentimes entire builds can revolve around that single piece of gear. If you want to maximize your class be sure to secure some of these weapons as you will definitely need to utilize their unique traits. If you aren’t a fan of the long grind that generally comes with trying to obtain one of these weapons, I’d highly suggest checking out /. It’s the top LFG platform for Destiny 2, and also offers excellent services to help you obtain the loot you need.
Need help getting your gear?
100% Satisfaction on Every Boost Guaranteed
Destiny 2: Beyond Light Exotic Gear
While Destiny’s exotic weapons are a big part of the game, don’t sleep on the new exotic armor. Beyond Light introduces 6 new pieces of exotic gear, and they can elevate your gameplay to a whole new level. Currently there are two pieces per class and each of them have the power to change your playstyle drastically.
While not all of these exotics will turn you into a killing machine, each of them uniquely changes your classes’ gameplay. Coordinate a solid build around one of these items and you will more than likely see a large power spike.
This exotic piece is extremely effective in both PvE and PvP. It has an incredible amount of burst potential especially when paired with a pulse rifle or automatic for a consistent stream of procs. The second bounce tracking is kind of ridiculous too and ensures this exotic will help you wreck your opponents with ease.
- Skittering Stinger – Weighted Knife gains a second bounce. Rapid precision hits with your weapons grant Weighted Knife a significant damage bonus and the ability to stagger unshielded combatants for a short time.
Mask of Bakris
While the added versatility and changes to your dodge ability might make this seem like a strict PvP piece, it’s the subtle passive damage boosts that make this an excellent choice for PvE content as well. After a Light Shift all Arc weapons have 10% increased damage for 10 seconds. Additionally, all slowed and encased enemies take an additional 10% increased damage.
- Light Shift – Replaces your Stasis subclass Dodge ability with a longer range, faster moving Shift that partially cloaks you during use. After Shifting, your Arc weapons deal increased damage to combatants for a short time, and you deal increased damage to all slowed or encased combatants.
Necrotic Grip is an excellent exotic for the Warlock class and excels in PvP and PvE. It applies a dangerous damage over time debuff when a melee attack hits, and if that target dies with the DoT currently on them it will spread to surrounding enemies. This piece has great synergy with a number of pieces of gear, however if you really want to shine then pair it with Thorn and watch the world burn.
- Grasp of the Devourer – Damaging combatants with melee attacks corrupts them with increasing damage over time. Defeating a corrupted combatant spreads the corrupting effect to nearby targets and restores melee energy.
Compared to other exotics the Dawn Chorus can seem a little lackluster, however it adds more PvE viability for Dawnblade by causing the targets to burn for additional damage while also refunding melee energy. It’s a refreshing change to a highly PvP oriented super.
- Rites of Ember – Daybreak projectiles cause targets to burn on contact and deal more damage to them. All of your burn effects last longer, and you gain a small amount of melee energy each time one of your burns damage a target.
Icefall Mantle is a decent exotic gauntlet for tanking in PvE. It provides solid survivability with a shield and some crowd control with an aoe slow around you. However due to the reduced movement speed and lack of Barricade it can leave you quite vulnerable in PvP situations.
- Glacial Guard – Replaces your Barricade ability with a personal overshield. When you activate your Barricade, you create a burst around yourself that slows combatants. While you have the overshield, you are slowed and Barricade does not recharge.
Precious Scars is an interesting exotic that can be useful in select situations. After reviving or being revived, an overshield is applied to allies around you. The area of effect is quite large and you wouldn’t have to work too hard to apply it to an entire raid team. However in most situations it will not be as useful as one would like, and might not be worth an exotic slot.
- Kintsugi – After reviving or being revived, you gain an aura that provides overshields to you and nearby allies.
Not all of the listed exotic armor will have a use in every situation, however, with careful planning and a little research you should be able to put together a build that will boost your characters effectiveness and power significantly. If you still aren’t sure where to start, check out Destiny Carries LFG Boosting services. With professional players that can get you the gear you need, you can quickly elevate yourself to the next level and enjoy top tier content.